A look back at Konstanz ...
- The ancient Romans already had a feeling for a landscape's beauty: It could not have been only strategic reasons for the establishment of Castells' "Konstantia". Here, at the outflow of Lake in the Seerhein - amidst a lavishly beautiful natural landscape - was created from the former fortified castell of the
free Imperial City
- 400 - A settlement, even before Christ was founded by the Celts, is named after Emperor Constantius Chlorus.
- 600 - The Medieval "Costenz" is the bishop's seat.
- 900 - Awarding of the market right.
- 1000 - Konstanz is modeled after the Rome expanded.
A trading port arises.
- 1043 - The Empire Assembly with Emperor Henry III. here instead.
- 1183 - The peace with the Lombard cities by Emperor Barbarossa in Konstanz completed.
- 1192-1548 - Constance is a free imperial city.
- 1300 - Rhine bridge and monastery plants.
- 1348 - The plague is in Konstanz. It is accused of the Jews.
- 1414 - the beginning of the council of Constance. Papal election process, combustion of the Bohemian reformer Jan Hus.
- 1499 - defeat in Schwaben-/Schweizerkrieg at Schwaderloh (CH)
- 1513 - Famine in Konstanz.
- 1518 - Again, there is the plague.
- 1521 - the beginning of the Reformation.
- 1548 - The city loses the kingdom and comes freedom for 250 years in the Austrian domination.
- 1633 - Konstanz, the Thirty Years War by the Swedes besieged.
- 1806 - Konstanz goes to the Peace of Bratislava in Baden
- 1830 - 1880 pulling down of most gates of the town
- 1906 - The pilot, today's college is founded.
- 1945 - occupation by French troops.
- 1962/63 - Seegfrörne, freeze up of the entire Lake
- 1965 - Founding of the University.
- Rosgartenmuseum Konstanz: more about its history
- Konstanz Guided Tours: Tourist Information, Christine Furtwängler
Tel: + +49 (0) 75 31/13 30 26, Email: Tourist Information City Guides
Konstanz now, and what it offers:
We try to give you the best informations, but sorry ...
Not all links offer informations in english!
- Events in 2009 >>> more
- Konstanz information:
Location, size, population, history >>> more
- Culture and sights:
Cultural Center / City Library / Exhibitions >>> more
Theater / Museums>>> more
- Beach, indoor + outdoor pools >>> more
- Sports facilities:
Tennis / Horseback Riding / Golf / Sailing / Windsurfing / Swimming / Diving
- Bus: The buses are free on the "Gästekarte" by paying the local tourist tax - except the "Nachtschwärmer" (latest bus) >>> more
- Boat trips: From the port of the "Bodensee fleet" over the entire lake, even with bicycles >>> more
- Sailing / Charter boats >>> more
- Fishing in the Lake: possible entitlement card >>> more
- Excursion possibilities >>> more
- Bicycle rental, 300 meters from the house >>> more
- Webcams on the Lake >>> here
- Lake information >>> more
- Südkurier, local newspaper >>> more
- "Dornröschen", critical and satirical, local Internet newspaper >>> more
- Schwarzwaldverein Konstanz:
Hiking in a group >>> more
- Pfohl: oldest winebar of Konstanz (already in the 12th century wine was served here), opposite our house >>> more